How Much Has the Person You Love Inspired You?


The popular saying that behind every successful man, there is a woman is not a lie, because most of the great success stories of men include their leading ladies. From Pablo Picasso to Franz Kafka and many others.
Every man has his muse.
Picasso had Marie-Thérèse Walter and Kafka had Dora Dymant.
Gibran Khalil Gibran had Miss Mary Haskell.
Salvador Dali had Gala.
William Shakespeare had Anne Hathaway
Count Leo Tolstoy had Sofya Andreyevna Bers (or Behrs).
Historians say she brought Tolstoy the greatest happiness; never before or after was his creative life so rich or his personal life so full. And they had 13 children!

Forgive me for only naming artists and writers first, because I am one of them and we never fail to love and adore our muses.

The women we love are the ones who inspire us most to excel and succeed in life.
And let me come back home and to the present and mention one of the most inspiring stories.

Chief Michael Adeojo of Elizade Group who has also established the Elizade University, Ilara-Mokin, Ekiti State will never forget the muse of his celebrated success.
The name Elizade was inspired by his beloved late wife Elizabeth Wuraola Ojo, he met as a fellow student at the University of Nigeria, Nsukka (UNN) in the early 1960s.
"We both made up our minds to be partners for life," he reminisced.

As an artist my muse was a Nikky, German blonde from Munich who literally walked into my life in 1992 after a neighbour she met at the Bar Beach on Victoria Island in Lagos told her about me and she came looking for me!
She was also an artist and sociologist. She was down to earth and even tied wrapper like a native African woman. She so inspired me that I became the curator of the biggest art exhibition in Nigeria in 1993, held at both the National Museum and National Arts Theater in Lagos where I had my first big break. My drawings and paintings sold out.

As an entrepreneur, another woman I love inspired my Q1 brand of Tablet PC.


She wanted a Tablet for her birthday and instead of just going to get her one from the market, I was so inspired that I decided to ask for a specific one to be made especially for her overseas and the slogan of the Tablet PC is: "Q1, Fall in love" and it has TV, Wifi and BBM. And she is so excited about it that I have gone ahead to even introduce the Q1 Gold and Q1 Silver versions and going into Franchising. The first Nigerian Tablet PC with dual sims phones with BBM, TV, Wifi and so much more all inspired by the love for a woman I have mentioned here in 2008 when I first met her at the bank where she works till date. And Q1 stands for "Quality is our first priority' in love and life. Don't settle for less.

I know there are many guys here who have sweethearts who have inspired them to achieve great things.


~ By Ekenyerengozi Michael Chima, aka "Orikinla Osinachi".






submit to reddit

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rosman Sisters of Nollywood

Zenith International Film Festival: Guided Tours of Locations of Popular Nollywood Movies

Global Media and Entertainment Market is Expected To Reach US$2.3 Trillion by 2022