Sunday, February 25, 2018
Black Panther Grosses US$704 Million in Worldwide Box Office in Second Weekend
comScore's Senior Media Analyst Paul Dergarabedian commented, "Disney's presentation of Marvel's 'Black Panther' had another incredible weekend taking in $191.8 million globally as it posts the second biggest second weekend in North America of $108 million for a $704 million global tally to date. The mega-hit film also continued its record setting run in IMAX this weekend earning $15 million from 731 screens worldwide. Impressively in second place, Chinese action film 'Operation Red Sea' in just 6 territories earned $107.5 million this weekend and now boasts a global cumulative to date of $335.1 million."
The top 12 worldwide weekend box office estimates, listed in descending order, per data collected as of Sunday, February 25, are below.
1. Black Panther - Disney - $191.8M
2. Operation Red Sea - Multiple - $107.5M
3. Detective Chinatown 2 - Multiple - $80.4M
4. Monster Hunt 2 - Multiple - $33.6M
5. Fifty Shades Freed - Universal - $29.2M
6. Game Night - Warner Bros. - $21.8M
7. Shape Of Water, The - 20th Century Fox - $12.7M
8. Boonie Bears: The Big Shrink - Shenzhen Huaqiang Shuzi Dongman Co. - $12.7M
9. Peter Rabbit - Sony - $12.5M
10.Greatest Showman, The - 20th Century Fox - $11.1M
11. Annihilation - Paramount Pictures - $11.0M
12. Jumanji: Welcome To The Jungle - Sony - $8.7M
Click here for the full report.